A blog is a person thoughts, experiences and opinion are recorded and put up on the Internet so that people can read. A blogger is the person that writes content for a blog. A blog should not be confused with a website as a blog is updated frequently and allows readers to read, share and give their opinions.
Types of blogs.
There are two types of blogs a person can set out:
- Personal blog- it is where a person talks about their life: it’s experience, advice and generally their outlook on various things and topics concerning them and others.
- Corporate blog- this is used by marketing companies to help promote their business and business products.
Since it is hard and can be overwhelming to come up with new content or increase audiences, bloggers have turned to guest blogging. Guest blogging is when a blogger writes and publishes content to a blog in the same industry as theirs. Guest blogging is a two-way street as you can feature a bloggers post in your blog.
Guest blogging tips for bloggers who are starting out.
Guest blogging can be difficult to do if you are still new as most blogs will not be convinced to let you to guest blog on their sites. The best steps for you to be able to guest blogging is to:
- Choose your niche (what content to write.) or industry (either to start a personal or corporate blog.)
- No one wants to read poor content or something that does not make sense. It is important to know your content and ensure it is high quality.
- Good reputation. It is important to choose a blog with good reputation due to recent spams on the Internet.
- Find similar blogs. This can be achieved by using guest blogging sites as they give you options to search for a site in your industry that wants a guest post.
Guest blogging sites.
Due to the rise and development of guest blogging and some quality guest blogging sites, there have been spams. A spam is an irrelevant article that is posted to the Internet. Usually it is poor quality articles or people who ignore the guidelines they should follow to write a guest blog. It reduces quality work for any site and can make a blog be spammed. It is very important to have quality content as when a blogger sees that your content is a spam, they let you know so that you can change or they send your work to the guest blogging sites. The site’s then either penalize or decide not to allow you to post or publish any content in their sites.
Before consider writing guest blogs be sure that your content is of high quality and follow guidelines sent to you. This is to ensure you do not get spammed as it will be extremely hard to write anything and post it in the Internet as sites like google ban you from doing so. The only way you can write after getting a spam is to start another blog but you can continue writing which will be difficult as any other writer that allows you to guest blog on their sites increases the chance for their site to be spammed.